[Zope] WebDAV lockingproblem with Word

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:10:20 +0100

> since word is a (the most ??) important content creation tool for non
> programmers would it not be sensible to add a second WebDAV port that does
> nothing but handle the Word idiosyncrasies and the forwards things to the
> normal DAV port?
>
> I would very much like to tell my customers that they do not need anything
> but word to maintain their content.

But still we'd first have to find out WHAT is going wrong, as Zope seems to
comply with the standard and Word doesn't ...

I think all the software needed for a test can be got from Microsoft for a
free testing period (some of them up to 120 days). Their most prominent
example of a WebDAV server is the SharePoint Portal server. The MS Exchange
repository also is WebDAV-enabled ...

I am sorry that I'll probably not be the one to do the tests because of time
restrictions.

Joachim