[Zope] Download After Purchase

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:00:13 +0100

Hi Ben,

--On Sunday, November 11, 2001 06:33:50 -0800 Ben Ocean
<zope@thewebsons.com> wrote:

> Hi;
> I need to enable visitors to d'l s/w after purchasing. Of course, I want
> the d'l page protected, so I presume I'll have to generate a password,
> etc. Has anyone done this and have some code they could share to get me
> started? TIA,

You should first look how you get the payment thing to work, how you find
out
when a customer has payd. You can either give her/him an account, which is
easy with the API from Userfolder (see Zopebook). For this your
payment method must have proxy rules as manager and then make the new
account and show/mail the
accounts data to the user.
You define a role being able to "view" the file(s) and assign all these new
users to that
role. Thats pretty easy using the API.
The new suer might be able to choose her/his own username or you might want
to create
username/password from random and time.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain