[Zope] Adding users using own forms

Oliver Erlewein oerlewein@gmx.de
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:15:17 +0100 (MET)

Hi

I can't see anythig odd on the first glance. But have you checked the
rights? The user calling the function must have the right to manage users in the
acl_user! Normally you have to use proxy roles. Hope that helps.

I have an external function. Maybe that helps...

def insert_user_online(self, acl, name, roles=[], domains=[]):
   """
   by Oliver Erlewein
   """
   from AccessControl.User import User
   from string import strip
   import sys

   try:
      user = acl.data[name]
      msg = 'WARNING: User exists! No action taken.'
   except:
      if check_name(name) == 'OK':
         try:
            passwort = 'putpasshere'
            acl.data[name] = User(name, passwort, roles, domains)
            msg = 'Login: ' + name + '<br>Passwort: ' + passwort
         except:
            msg = 'ERROR: acl.data Call!'
      else:
         msg = 'ERROR: Only printable Characters!'
   return msg

Regards Oliver

http://www.gmx.net