[Zope] New Zope site... maybe

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:10:00 +0100

Hi,

Am Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:21:57 +0100 schrieb Lennart Regebro:

> > www.gemeinsamlernen.de and www.solill.net will migrate to this new
> > server, but foreign links have to stay intact. So index.html has to
> > be the name for the index files.
>
> When I needed this I just put a index.html in the root that did a
> <dtml-var index_html>. that way old links still work, but you don't
> have to do any kind of useless magic, like redirecting index_html.
> Both foo/index.html, foo/index_html and foo/ are valid and give the
> same result.

I asked the users whether they would prefer index.html or index_html,
and they said index.html would be better.

There were 2 main reasons:
- index.html is better known from "conventional" web servers
- some IE-versions do strange things with mime types when the endings
are not in the windows way.

Markus

--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)