[Zope] Newbie Question : Problems with Automatic Cataloging of ZClasses

Steffen Hausmann Steffen@Hausmann-family.de
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:33:05 +0100

Orietta Barbari wrote:

> I wonder if someone could help me.  I have been trying to create
> zclasses whose objects get automatically catalogued.  I have followed
> the tutorial in the Zope Book (Chapter 9 - 'Automatic Cataloging'
> section) and it all seems to work correctly. When I go and view the
> entries in the catalog however, only the date gets registered in the
> index, and date and absolute_url gets registered as metatypes - no other
> properties appear to be registered.

I think this is because the automatic cataloging doesn't work correctly.

you have to add some lines in the constructor file of your class:

<dtml-with "NewsItem.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)"> (
this line should already be there )

   <dtml-call "propertysheets.Input.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call unindex_object>
   <dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('inputFilesCatalog', REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call index_object>

'NewsItem' is the name of your class.
'Input' is the name of the property sheet that should be cataloged.
'inputFilesCatalog' is the name of the catalog that should be used.

MfG Steffen

--
become who you are