[Zope] Urgent help needed: Zope falls over under moderate load

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:33:54 +1100

On Wednesday 21 November 2001 08:10, Chris Withers wrote:
> Michael Fraase wrote:
> > Am I correct in my understanding that Zope can't handle even 512Kb of
> > demand without some technical doohickey in front of it so it doesn't
> > fall down?
>
> Well, maybe. I agree it shouldn't die. It's a shame you run it as a
> service, I have no idea where the output from those gets piped to. If you
> run it in a DOS box, you can see Zope starting up, and dying ;-) It's
> usually polite enough to fart just before it dies, which can give a lot of
> clues...

You could also try launching from the Zope Controller - it logs all output.

   http://www.zope.org/Members/richard/zope_controller/win

It also uses a different, lighter-weight NT service.

     Richard