[Zope] Urgent help needed: Zope falls over under moderate load

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:10:55 +0000

Michael Fraase wrote:

> Am I correct in my understanding that Zope can't handle even 512Kb of
> demand without some technical doohickey in front of it so it doesn't
> fall down?

Well, maybe. I agree it shouldn't die. It's a shame you run it as a service, I
have no idea where the output from those gets piped to. If you run it in a DOS
box, you can see Zope starting up, and dying ;-) It's usually polite enough to
fart just before it dies, which can give a lot of clues...

> No offense intended, but I think two internal Squishdot pages meet the
> definition of pretty dang simple.

I'll take that as a compliment, thankyou :-) Two internal Squishdot pages are
not neccesarily that dang simple to deliver, it just appears that way 'cos the
app is nice and easy to set up...

> And why does it fall over anyway?

Start sniffing zope farts and then maybe you can find out :-)

hoping-to-help,

Chris :-)