[Zope] RE: [Psycopg] Authentication Problem with Postgres

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:26:55 +0100

Andre,

Hmmm... This is a bit over my head. I don't see why zope would be
sending something different after a restart. I've cross-posted this to
the zope list because there are some hard-hitters there that will know
more (if Frederico doesn't get to it first : ))

You are correct though, the dbase connections should be persistent (at
least they are for me). Perhaps you have manually coded your ZPsycopgDA
to do the password encrypting? Because I'm reasonably _sure_ the
connection string from within the zope management interface is
cleartext. Perhaps something between Zope, ZPsycopgDA and postgres is
going wrong.

Sorry I cant help more,
Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: andre@oratrix.nl [mailto:andre@oratrix.nl] On Behalf Of Andre
Schubert
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 11:33 AM
To: Paul Zwarts
Cc: psycopg@lists.initd.org
Subject: Re: [Psycopg] Authentication Problem with Postgres

Hi Paul,

Zope and Postgres are running on different machines. Postgres only
allows crypted session.
We have traced only crypted passwords.
I think the problem is that there is a wrong password crypted and then
sent to postgres, and after a restart the right password is crypted and
sent to postgres????
But why does Zope send a password again, i thought the connections of
Zope where persistent connections???
How can a track down connection-establishing??

Thanks as