[Zope] Getting email fields right

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:07:03 -0800

I'm using the MailHost to send email from within an external
method. I've tried a number of different combinations, including
something as elaborate as this:

self.MailHost.send("This is a test", # Body
    "To: Bruce Eckel <Bruce@EckelObjects.com>",
    "From: Bruce Eckel <Bruce@EckelObjects.com>",
     "Test Email") # Subject

However, I can't seem to get the "to" and "from" fields to show up
right in the resulting email. All I end up with is a 'to' field of
Bruce@EckelObjects.com
and an empty 'from' field.

I suspect others have done this before and solved the problem. Or
will want to :-)

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar