[Zope] GUF & SQL login problems

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@worldonline.cz
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 12:41:14 +0200

Hi,

I want to set up not-encrypted SQL login, using GenericUserFolder
README, a walkthrough and GUF_SQL_crypt howto.

After I installed GUF and created GUF-protected folder (i.e. before I
made the changes described in GUF_SQL_crypt howto), I was able to log in
as jorge:secret.

After I made the changes, and try to login using correct username and
password, the login dialog always reappears. Login is not possible.

There are two things that I had to do differently than described in
GUF_SQL_crypt howto:

1) The GenericUserFolder as installed did not flush. It complained about
"safty value checkbox". But the manage_cache.dtml was using radiobutton
instead of checkbox. So I patched it to use checkbox, and it flushed
correctly.

2) I changed the change_password_report, because I do not want to use
crypt. But since it is not called when I simply try to login, it should
not matter. Anyway, here are my changes:

I changed line:
<dtml-if
"_.crypt.crypt(password,'ab')==_['sequence-item'].real_password">
to this:
<dtml-if "password==_['sequence-item'].real_password">

and also I changed this line:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('password',_.crypt.crypt(first_password,'ab'))">
to this:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('password',first_password)">

--
Milos Prudek