[Zope] OpenFlow workflow engine

charlie@blanchardsite.com charlie@blanchardsite.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:54:28 -0700

a comment and a question:

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 10:36:37AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Vincenzo Di Somma wrote:
> >
> > And as it seem you are one of the more active zopers in the lists we
> > will be glad if you will give us your impression about our product.
>
> My impression is not a good one since I won't even download it due to your total
> lack of consideration for list policies. I haven't seen any particularly
> positive feedback either.
> It is also rude to copy off-list messages back to the list without consulting
> their sender.
>
> None of these gives me any confidence that your product will be worth
> investigating.

wow chris, i'm impressed by your exercise in restraint on this
one, i was going to jump in on this thread but couldn't find a
civil balance so...

> Personally, I would recommend anyone to use the DCWorkflow tool over your tool,
> since it is maintained and supported by one of the most polite and well
> respected developers in the Zope community.

i have a persistent problem and am wondering why.

almost every time i see some product recommended somewhere and go
to zope.org to search for it, a link to the product itself does
not show up on the results page. often there are links to things
on zope.org _about_ the product, but rarely will the product link
_itself_ appear.

DCWorkflow is a prime example, type it in on the zope.org search
box and up come three links to zwiki pages - nothing leading one
to the product itself. to me, this is a very serious
deficiency. when someone recommends a product, as you did here,
it should be trivial to go to zope.org and _find_ it (imho), and
it just isn't...

cheers,
--
charlie blanchard