[Zope] finding out where a (property) value was acquired from

Mitchell L Model mlm@acm.org
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:18:24 -0400

Is there a way to find out where a value (specifically a property
value, but the answer's probably not dependent on that) is acquired
from?  I have a hierarchy of folders, with some properties set in
high-level folders that apply to all the folders below them.
Sometimes an action needs to change these values, but they should
change in the folder they were acquired from not the current folder.

Is there something built-in to Zope that gives me the folder a value
(or a property) was acquired from?  Or do I simply have to walk the
path back towards the root to find it?