[Zope] Asyncore.py

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:01:37 -0700

I just installed the newest python and zope. I get this error when trying
to build ZEO:

[root@hermes Zope_software_home]# python lib/python/ZEO/start.py -p 8888
[root@hermes Zope_software_home]# Traceback (innermost last):
   File "lib/python/ZEO/start.py", line 268, in main
     import ZEO.StorageServer, asyncore
   File "lib/python/ZEO/__init__.py", line 86, in ?
     import fap
   File "lib/python/ZEO/fap.py", line 166, in ?
     fap()
   File "lib/python/ZEO/fap.py", line 127, in fap
     raise ImportError, 'Cannot import an up-to-date asyncore'
ImportError: Cannot import an up-to-date asyncore

*However*, here's a find:

[root@hermes archive]# find / -name "asyncore.py"
/apache/Python-2.1.1/Lib/asyncore.py
/apache/ZopeInstallation/Zope_software_home/lib/python2.1/asyncore.py
find: /proc/6/fd: Permission denied
/usr/lib/python2.1/asyncore.py
/usr/lib/python1.5/asyncore.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/asyncore.py

So, I'm more_than_a_little_confused as to what the heck's going on! Help!!!
BenO