[Zope] steering Zserver startup messages to syslog?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:28:44 -0400

> From: theotiwii@earthlink.net
>
> THIS IS MY CONTRIBUTION:
>
> Using ZSYSLOG on my RH system resulted in syslog message(s):
>
> z2[14150]: Startup exception : error: (111, 'Connection refused')

Yes, similar to what I get (not found).

> ... and ZServer (Zope) failed to start. I traced this down to Medusa
> failing to connect to /dev/log, but do not have the expertise to
> determine why not (any help out there?).

That's the issue, in a nutshell.

> My resolution was to leave the variable ZSYSLOG _undefined_ and allow
> logging to a file, here is the actual startup command:

That's not acceptable, I'm doing that now (by piping the output to a file).
I want syslog, so I can monitor it via webmin, use logrotate, etc.

Anyone out there using syslog with Zserver/Medusa?