[Zope] Interface bug?

dharmadude@inwind.it dharmadude@inwind.it
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:48:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there, I think there is something that doesn't work in the
interface.

I'm playing with python products and sometimes the interface
has problems to show the objects ids.

These are the two cases:
1) The ids wouldn't show up in the left frame while they were
ok in the right frame. Even after many refresh, restart etc.
I was setting the id getting it from the request.id (after
the add form was submitted). I fixed this by explicitely
passing an "id" parameter to the add function. I don't know
why I would many any difference, and infact, the id was
correctly set because I could see it in the right frame.
The id wouldn't show up when I tried to do 'rename' either.
That was annoying because I couldn't click on the object
in the left frame because it relies on the id to print
the correct url path.

2) after the __init__ for my product I do something like
self.id=self.id+" test"
now the ids in the left frame (and during rename) are
correct, showing "someId test", while the ids in the
object list in the righ frame still has "someId",
that is no " test" was added. Still the same after
refresh and restart.

so it *really* looks like there a bug somewhere.
Even if my products are doing strange things there's no
way why the ids in the left and right frame should be
different.

I can reproduce these errors every time so it's not
some strange boundary condition.

Has anyone noticed this?

I hope this might be helpful to someone out there.

Thanks

G.