[Zope] Two Zope services on NT

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:22:29 -0700

> Zservice.py seems to assume the default service name of "Zope"
> and does not appear to allow specification of a different name.
> The only way I've found of creating a second service (on a different
> set of ports, of course) is to export the Zope service subtree
> from the registry, make the necessary changes, and reimport.

ZService.py should put the name as Zope (%s) where %s is the name of your
server, eg Website.

Creating a second service is a real pain, but if you experiment with
ZService.py it can be as simple as running: python ZService.py install, read
the source of ZService.py.

> BTW, why is the list archive index so poor?  I tried searching
> for "nt service" but it returned thousands of hits having nothing
> to do with NT Service.

Check out the ActiveState archive of the mailing list:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/search?query=nt+service&type=Archive_zope-L
ist

Cheers.
--