[Zope] Two Zope services on NT

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:26:26 -0700

I have been able to install two completely different version of zope, vs.
just INSTANCE_HOME, on win2k workstation.  I didn't do anything special
besides install to a different directory, then modify the z2.py file for
ports.

Regarding the list search, it could be because it's doing an nt OR service,
vs. nt AND server or even "nt service".

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: James Garrison [mailto:jhg@athensgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 10:17 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Two Zope services on NT

Zservice.py seems to assume the default service name of "Zope"
and does not appear to allow specification of a different name.
The only way I've found of creating a second service (on a different
set of ports, of course) is to export the Zope service subtree
from the registry, make the necessary changes, and reimport.

Or is there a better way?

Answers or pointers to answers appreciated.

BTW, why is the list archive index so poor?  I tried searching
for "nt service" but it returned thousands of hits having nothing
to do with NT Service.

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@athensgroup.com                    5608 Parkcrest Dr