[Zope] CatalogAwareBase doesn't auto-reindex?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:14:14 -0400

Hi Bryan,

Please keep the mail on the maillist, thanks.

This is a limitation when using prebuilt forms from the properties
interface.  The prebuilt propertysheet editing forms don't call
reindex_object.

You need to create a custom properties-editing form with a target that
calls reindex_object as well as modifying the properties.

You could make the target a Python Script or a DTML method, as long as
it calls the right stuff (manage_changeProperties and reindex_object) on
itself with the right values.

HTH!

- C