[Zope] Using gadfly files

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 06:51:30 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walter Spiegel" <walter.spiegel@web.de>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 05:40
Subject: [Zope] Using gadfly files

> Hello,
> I'm a german teacher for computer science at Frankfurt (see
> www.schule-am-ried.de). I wrote a simple graphic user interface for
> gfplus (and of course for gadfly) named gfsql, the project is located at
>
> http://wspiegel.bei.t-online.de/gfsql/index.html
>
> The aim of the project is its use as a simple SQL-Editor in school for
> learning SQL.
> Now my question: I like  to put the whole python-files (including
> gadfly) in one
> zip-file for download, would you please allow me to use your
> zope-version of gadfly for the project.
>
> And the next question is about licensing: I try to figured out, under
> which license
> gadfly is distributed, and I think it's something like BSD, so put I
> gfsql also under the
> BSD-license. What about the zope-distribution of gadfly?

It's  a BSD-like license (gffaq.html) and this applies to the Zope
distribution of Gadfly as well.

> Next question: the address (URL) of A. Watters seemed to be unreachable,
> so I like
> to put a link to your ressources of gadfly. Ok?

Gadfly is more or less unmaintained (I have not seen any fixes or patches
for ages). Although it is in the Zope core it is not actively maintained
by Zope Corp.

> And one last question: do you think, that there may be further
> development for gadfly
> by your team?

No.

Andreas

   -    Andreas Jung                            Zope Corporation       -
  -   EMail: andreas@zope.com                http://www.zope.com      -
 -  "Python Powered"                       http://www.python.org     -
  -   "Makers of Zope"                       http://www.zope.org      -
   -            "Life is too short to (re)write parsers"               -