[Zope] DTML method entry translates hyphens to HTML entity

Robin Macharg robin@appliancestudio.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:41:17 +0100

Hi, newbie question/problem here - apologies if this is answered elsewhere
but I'm just finding my way round the newsgroups.

I enter a simple DTML method (using the standard Zope interface), such as:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

When I hit "save changes" the object is saved but the hyphen in 'dtml-var'
has been changed to what looks like an HTML entity: '&#8722;' (without
quotes).  This doesn't do what it should (i.e. include the standard header)
since, I guess, the parser doesn't recognise 'dtml&#8722;var' correctly when
the method is called.

If I then manually replace the entity with a hyphen and hit "save changes"
again all is well.  Strangely, if I then paste in another chunk of DTML the
same thing happens: hyphens are converted, I change them manually and all is
again well.

Strangely, it doesn't seem to happen with other tags, such as
'<random-tag>'.

Can anyone explain what's going on?  Is there an option to turn this off?
Is this behaviour known about?  Documented? etc?

I'm using Windows 2K with Zope 2.5.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Robin