[Zope] Problem with zope Server

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:03:58 +1000

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:49, Jianping Zhu wrote:
> I have rehat 7.2 server with zope web sever on it . The system has been
> working fine for a long time. I tried today to upload a
> .pdf file( 10 M) to an exsiting web page on the server and but failed. I
> got following error message:
>
> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 28] No space left on device
>
> In fact I still have enough (5G) left in the server.
>
> How can I fix this problem? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciatd.

Are you sure that 5G isn't split up into multiple filesystems? The "df"
command will tell you. Find the "var" directory in your Zope installation -
where the Data.fs file is - and "df" that directory. That'll tell you exactly
how much space is left on that particular filesystem. Running out of disk
space is the only way you'll get that error message (AFAIK - you didn't
provide a traceback, so we can't be sure exactly what code is failing).

    Richard