[Zope] Problem with zope Server

Jianping Zhu zjp@arches.uga.edu
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 00:23:30 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you very much for your advice, your advice is really very helpful.

I used find Data.df and got following resulut:

/home/nzimpfer/.gnome-desktop/Trash/Zope-2.4.1-linux2-x86/var/Data.fs
/usr/share/Zope-2.4.2-linux2-x86/var/Data.fs

Does this mean zope is installed in usr?

I have only 9M free space left on /usr. Is that What the problem is?

Thank you very much!

Jianping

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:49, Jianping Zhu wrote:
> > I have rehat 7.2 server with zope web sever on it . The system has been
> > working fine for a long time. I tried today to upload a
> > .pdf file( 10 M) to an exsiting web page on the server and but failed. I
> > got following error message:
> >
> > Error Type: IOError
> > Error Value: [Errno 28] No space left on device
> >
> > In fact I still have enough (5G) left in the server.
> >
> > How can I fix this problem? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciatd.
>
> Are you sure that 5G isn't split up into multiple filesystems? The "df"
> command will tell you. Find the "var" directory in your Zope installation -
> where the Data.fs file is - and "df" that directory. That'll tell you exactly
> how much space is left on that particular filesystem. Running out of disk
> space is the only way you'll get that error message (AFAIK - you didn't
> provide a traceback, so we can't be sure exactly what code is failing).
>

>     Richard

Jianping Zhu
Department of Computer Science
Univerity of Georgia