[Zope] Apache

ruger@comnett.net ruger@comnett.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:37:31 -0700

Ok. I'm still having a horrible time getting Apache working in front of
my Zope installation through the firewall. I have Zope running on port 8080
and Apache running on port 80. Here's my VirtualHost section:

<VirtualHost 192.168.107.3>
ServerName www.hostname.com
ProxyPass / http://www.hostname.com:8080/domain_subdir/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.hostname.com:8080
</VirtualHost>

That's the only way I could get ProxyPass to work on the local network, and
it works great, but only on the local network. If you try to hit it outside
our firewall you simply get the Apache "test" page. I've also done:

<VirtualHost 192.168.107.3>
ServerName www.hostname.com
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*) /var/www/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</VirtualHost>

and had the exact same results. You can get it just fine on the local
network, but outside the firewall I get the Apache "test" page. Eventually I
want to get SSL working, but I have to get this to work first. Any ideas?!

Configuration:
RedHat 7.1
Apache 1.3.19-5
Zope 2.4.3

There are several virtual domains on the Zope server sitting in folders using
an Access Rule in the root of the Zope server and a SiteRoot in each of the
domains.

TIA

Rick