[Zope] Newbie: Synchronize document metadata?

wojtek@ifirma.pl wojtek@ifirma.pl
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:17:20 +0200

Hi,

(Please, forgive me if my terminology won't be Zope-correct.)

I am trying to build an information system with Zope but at the very
begining I've run into the following problem:

I have a group of MS Word users that are supposed to publish their work in
Zope. They can handle Windows WebFolders (WebDAV), but they cannot and
should not be forced to go into Zope management interface to tune the data
they entered. I am supposed to create automatic navigation for the
documents published this way. (Please, don't suggest emacs :-)

I'd like the metadata stored in HTML and in ZODB to stay in sync. I mean
<TITLE> in stored in HTML, but also other possible html <HEAD> content to
be in sync with ZODB data. I know I could use DTML to display ZODB object
title as html title, but this is not enough. 'In-sync' may not be the best
word - in fact I would like to have only one instance of the title data :-)

Has this problem been already solved? Is there a way to solve it?

Thanks,
Wojtek Narczynski