[Zope] Threadingproblems solved !

oliver.erlewein@sqs.de oliver.erlewein@sqs.de
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:29:09 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all

Finally I solved my threading problems! The answer was as simple as asking wether the powerchord was plugged in.

I found a passage (after searching a long time) which describes the problem:

<<<
...There are two sure ways to hang Zope by starting a Stream thread. The first is to start Zope with the "-t 1" option, which basically makes it use one thread. I can't think of any reason you'd do this, so I won't harp on it. The second way is to use Zope profiling (enabled by setting the PROFILE_PUBLISHER environment variable before starting Zope)...

There are few references in the internet to this behaviour. This is my reason for posting this (otherwise I'd be too ahamed to write such an obvious thing *blush*). So maybe there are some more people out there that are not aware of this fact. I hope they find this comment ;-)

At this point I'd like to apologise to all the people I've stirred up in the last months. Sorry guys it was my fault!! (maybe that's better than if I were right all along ;-)

Regards Oliver Erlewein