[Zope] Unable to change proxy role...

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:44:19 +0200

Hello list,

sorry, it nearly seems to be a FAQ, but the list didn't give a
satisfying solution.

I also have problems in changing proxy roles.
I am Manager, and I'm trying to grant a python script the proxy role
"Manager" as well. I still tried give myself the local role "Manager"
explicitely in the containing folder and even in the script itself. I
also tried it with other (more restricted) roles, without any success,
too.(But I CAN set the proxy role to either Anonymous or Authenticated.)

The strange thing is that all those things work perfectly with DTML
methods, only Python Scripts refuse to accept the new proxy role.
Additionally, I have to say that I use LDAP User Folder for
authentication, but all the group / role management takes place under
Zope. I also disabled the feature of receiving groups from the LDAP.
Why I'm mentioning that is because:
When I create an own Zopish acl_users folder in the containing folder,
create a new user as Manager, then that user is allowed to do with the
python script whatever he wants, including change the proxy role of the
python script to Manager. After having done this and relogging in as
LDAP user, I even cannot edit the script anymore.

Is this a bug, are there workarounds, can anybody please help?
How can I (as normal user) change the proxy role like I want?

Thanks a lot.

--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.com

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen