[Zope] Formulator Date Time fields not rendering CSS class element

Eric Walstad eric@ericwalstad.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:52:02 -0700

Hi All!

I scoured the list archives and also tried the Formulator mailing
list... no joy.

I find that when I specify a CSS class in my Formulator Date/Time fields
the class element is not getting rendered on the page.  I've tried using
both the "CSS class" entry on the ZMI Edit tab as well as the one on the
Override tab with no luck.  The CSS class element is getting rendered
fine on my Text Fields.

I tried chasing down the problem in the code:

DateTimeWidget.render()
     (do some magic to format the date parts)
     Field.render_sub_field()
         _render_helper()
             Widget.render()
                 return "[widget]"

I couldn't figure out where the CSS class element is supposed to get
rendered.  I also don't understand what "[widget]" is supposed to do.

I simply want each of the text fields (the sub fields that get rendered
with the whole Date/Time field) to have a "class='reqd_input'" element.

The Zope Date/Time object *is* storing the css_class property value, but
I believe that value is just not making it to the function that renders
the HTML tag.

Any pointers are *VERY* appreciated!!

PS, pls respond to me directly as well as to the list.

Eric.