[Zope] python modules problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:34:40 +0200

Cedric Bellegarde writes:
 > I'm using zope and I want in a python script load an image in current
 > folder:
 >
 > -First i've found the method with the os.open fonction,i've created a
 > directory in /usr/lib/zope/lib/python named PythonScriptModules with
 > inside a file named __init__.py:
 >        from Products.PythonScripts.Utility import allow_module
 >        allow_module(os)
 >    I use the
 > container.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addImage(id+'_img',file,'')
 > function
 >    but,when my python script call file =
 > os.open(filename).read(),mozilla tell me my password and loop on
 > authentification
"os.open" does not return a file object (but an integer file descriptor).
The result does not have a "read" method.

Don't know why you get the "Unauthorized" (usually you are told,
what you are not authorized to access, when you refuse to log in.
What are you told?)

 > -Is there an other method to create an image object without using the
 > os.open function????
Use an External Method and "open".

Dieter