[Zope] Generating list of objectIDs dynamically

Ronald L Roeber rroeber1@unl.edu
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:13:36 -0500

I am trying to generate an form option list containing documents in a
folder.
The folder arrangement is as follows.

county -- Golden --- doc1
        |         |
        |         -- doc2

        - Silver --- doc3

                  -- doc4

If the user has indicated they are from "Golden" county, how do I generate
the proper list of documents in the corresponding directory dynamically
['doc1','doc2']? If the REQUEST object includes the county=="Golden", how
can I do something like this (which works, but is obviously not dynamic):

<form="form" method="post" action="action"
       tal:define="workingCounty request/county;
                   docs here/county/Golden/objectValues()">

How do I get the workingCounty variable to replace the "Golden" in the
docs definition. This is probably simple, but I'm missing it. Thanks for
any help.

Ronald L. Roeber
CIT-IANR
University of Nebraska
Lincoln, NE 68583  Phone: (402) 472-5630
email: rroeber1@unl.edu