[Zope] Generating list of objectIDs dynamically

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:17:03 -0400

Folders behave like python dictionaries, so you can use that lookup synta=
x in=20
a python expression such as:

tal:define=3D"docs python:here.county[request.county].objectValues()"

You should know that this will not scale very well though. If there are m=
ore=20
than a few dozen documents in each county, performance may not be very go=
od.=20
This is because objectValues looks up every object in the folder=20
individually. If this becomes a problem, then you can use ZCatalog with a=
=20
"county" index.

hth,

-Casey