[Zope] Impossibly long urls

David Beech dbeech@bigpond.net.au
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:30:37 +1000

> SO, you _do_ want this at the bottom:
>
> return container.xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa(container.REQUEST)
>
> ...but I'd recommend that your ZPT gets its data from an SQL
> query rather than the REQUEST, as Paul suggested.

I do use much SQL and the REQUEST is necessary to pass session
data and url parameters between requests.

> > all of which works but the url gets longer and longer.
>
> hmmm... I find this strange.
>
> Idea: Can you post the code that generates the FORM tag in
> your editing form? I'm interested to see what the action is...

Here is one use but the technique is used widely throughout a couple of
applications:

<form action="/grp/Forum/forumScripts/newMsg" method="post">

and the tail end of the action:

  body = context.grExternal.convertText(body)
  container.grp.Forum.forumSQL.sqlNewMsg(body=body, userid=userid, subject=subject, forumid=forumid)
  return container.grp.Forum.forumScripts.viewForum()

and the tail end of the script called by newMsg:

 return container.grp.Forum.forumPages.forum_frontpage(container.grp, container.REQUEST)

Here is part of the site structure:

/grp/Forum
/grp/Forum/forumPages
/grp/Forum/forumScripts
/grp/Forum/formSQL

I discovered yesterday that the problem isn't evident if all scripts and pages
are contained within one folder.

cheers

David