[Zope] Linux am me ;-) [OT]

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:10:55 +0100

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> wow. chrisW is dissing a version of windows. let me mark that calendar ;)

hehe, a common misconception is that I don't like Linux.

I love Linux in a server environment. I'd like it on the desktop too but:

1. no-one has shown me a decent window manager that is as usable and crashes as
little as Windows 2000

2. customers use windows, therefore I use windows. I even run IE occasionally
;-) Although I prefer to stick in Mozilla, it's good to get a customer view of
the site every so often...

Now, you're probably also thinking about the test runner. Well, Zope is
advertised to run on Windows, and that makes is more corporately acceptable. In
my books, that means all the unit tests should pass on Windows. So, I make
efforts to let people know if they do or not.

Ironically, I'm currently trying to get my testrunner working on Linux, but it
seems that even more Zope tests fail there. :-(

Maybe Zope corp doesn't actually beleive in testing or supporting Zope running
on Windows. If either of these are the case, just let me know and I'll stop
running the tests...

cheers,

Chris