[Zope] Re: Extensions directory

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:50:45 -0400

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 06:05:54PM -0400, Russell Hires wrote:
| I'm splitting hairs here. I don't have an Extensions directory for my Zop=
e=20
| install. (Zope 2.5.1, Debian GNU/Linux, Woody) So, where do I put it? The=
=20
| "top level zope directory." Okay. Where is that? I'm thinking /usr/lib/zo=
pe.=20
| Is that correct? Then, what are the permissions on that directory suppose=
d to=20
| be?

A little late, but on a debian box here I created it as :

$ ls -ld /var/lib/zope/Extensions
drwxrwxr-x    2 www-data www-data     4096 Jul 19 16:58 /var/lib/zope/Exten=
sions

I made it group-writable because my uid is a member of that group so I
can edit stuff there with su-ing to another user.  The perms need to
be loose enough so that the zope process can read the directory and
the files in it.

-D

--=20
He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.
        Proverbs 13:13
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7