[Zope] Can I get the Find tab to work more like grep?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:20:21 -0600

    Chris> It sort of sounds like you've reached a point where you might
    Chris> benefit from actually writing code on the filesystem (by creating
    Chris> a Zope "Product") instead of continuing to beat yourself up by
    Chris> writing "through the web" code.  I'd hate to see you get so fed
    Chris> up with doing things this way that you stop using Zope.

>From my experience with Mason, having the ability to just edit my code in
the file system is a huge benefit.  (For those not familiar with Mason, it
provides both through-the-web and local filesystem access to the code.)
It's unlikely my client will go for that in this case, but I would sure like
to be able to do that for future Zope stuff.  For the time being I'll just
use ftpmirror.py to keep a local copy I can search through.

Skip