[Zope] local characters and ParsedXML

Juan Manuel Ruiz Garcia juanm_ruiz@yahoo.es
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:50:26 +0100

Hi all,

I want to know if someone is working with ParsedXML, using local characters,
like stressed vowels (spansih, french, german...) and so on...

The point is that when I specify the correct encoding at the ParsedXML
editForm if I press the "save changes" button, that encoding disappears and
the special characters are changed for strange chars. If I try to view the
document in explorer, it crashes because of that chars. If I don't specify
an special encoding, the save changes button does not works if the xml doc
has any of the special characters (which seems to be reasonable)

But the strange thing is that I can manipulate via python scripts the info
of that XML document, I can write stressed vowels inside it, and I can read
it later, but once again I can't simply view the xml document in the
navigator, I get an error because of an invalid character.

What can I do to make all this work?? Is there any way to write an encoding
for the parsed XML whitout being removed automatically from it when I save
changes?

Thanks in advance

Yahoo! Sorteos
Consulta si tu número ha sido premiado en
Yahoo! Sorteos http://loteria.yahoo.es