[Zope] Help with Tables

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nvcc.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:02:47 -0500

The ZMI sort of uses this concept. Click a header, it sorts one way. Click
again, and it sorts the other way. If you dig into the code that builds the
manage_edit page, you can easily see how its done. I built an Automotive
Sales site using this and it works well. Dropdowns show unique values for
each field. Selecting an option, displays a new page but now that dropdown
is not there and the others only have unique values from the first query and
so on.

Each row has several fields. Clicking a field limits the next page to only
items of that type and the dropdowns update as well. And the whole time, you
can sort and resort each of the columns. Then at any time, you can click a
VIEW link to see the detail of a car.

Works really well and I am going to go back and redo 3 others sections of
our site to use this same technique.

Good luck.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Lindstrom Greg - glinds
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 1:24 PM
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] Help with Tables

Greetings-
I am in the process of designing three (count 'em 3) projects in Zope and
have spotted a common theme running through them.  I have pages which lists
information stored in a Gadfly (for now) table via a ZSQLMethod.  I would
like to add the following features to my tables;

1.  The ability to click on the column header to sort the table by that
column (member number, name, etc.)
2.  The ability to click on an entry in the table to bring up more
information about the particular item.  For example, clicking on a member
number might bring up a form showing more information about the member.

Is there documentation as how to go about doing this?  Or can one of you
point me to a page that does it already?

Thanks!
--greg

Greg Lindstrom
The limits of language are the limits of one's world
 --Ludwig von Wittgenstien

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.