[Zope] My zen is malfunctioning

Jeff Sacksteder jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:56:47 -0500

Perhaps someone can help me straighten this out in my head.

I have DTML method "input" that collects two values from the user in a html
form, start_date and end_date.Submiting the form calls DTML method
"subtotal"  which takes the two values passed in the REQUEST and uses them
as parameters in a ZSQL method to produce a list of subtotaled results from
my database. So far, so good.

My goal is to make each subtotal a link to a second ZSQL method that returns
a detailed listing without subtotals.

I can manage to create the hrefs in each line of the report, but I'm fuzzy
on how to pass the start_date and end_date from my first REQUEST through the
subtotal DTML method, and into the REQUEST for the detail report. Is this a
job for dtml-with?

I'm thinking inside the subtotal DTML method I have to manually push the
values into the namespace somehow, but how to do that escapes me.