[Zope] My zen is malfunctioning

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:06:17 -0500

If you are building the results page from the DTML method "subtotal", use
the start_date and end_date in the request to build the hrefs.  For example:

end_date>">No subtotal</a>

Hope that helps,

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Jeff
Sacksteder
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:57 AM
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] My zen is malfunctioning

Perhaps someone can help me straighten this out in my head.

I have DTML method "input" that collects two values from the user in a html
form, start_date and end_date.Submiting the form calls DTML method
"subtotal"  which takes the two values passed in the REQUEST and uses them
as parameters in a ZSQL method to produce a list of subtotaled results from
my database. So far, so good.

My goal is to make each subtotal a link to a second ZSQL method that returns
a detailed listing without subtotals.

I can manage to create the hrefs in each line of the report, but I'm fuzzy
on how to pass the start_date and end_date from my first REQUEST through the
subtotal DTML method, and into the REQUEST for the detail report. Is this a
job for dtml-with?

I'm thinking inside the subtotal DTML method I have to manually push the
values into the namespace somehow, but how to do that escapes me.