[Zope] object modification email

Chris Muldrow muldrow@mac.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:31:18 -0500

On 12/20/02 11:01 AM, "AJ Coon" <aj@hostway.com> wrote:

> Is there a lightweight Zope product that anyone knows of which:
>
> -  Tracks changes of objects in Zope
> - Can send email to notify individuals when changes occur to objects
> that are being tracked
>
> I think using versioning or CMF workflow  for what we need would be like
> using chainsaw to slice butter.   ;-)
>
> Ideas, anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> aj

Unhelpful initial answer: I don't know of a product that does that.
Possibly helpful follow-up answer: Are you tracking a specific type of
object? 'Cause you could (just talking off the top of my head) go into the
manage_edit source and hook a sendmail method to it that checked against a
boolean property of the object. So:
if notify=='true':
    sendmail_method_somewhere_in_your_site()
- Chris