[Zope] Creating Page Templates using XML-RPC

Gordon Lai klaorman@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:36:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm assisting another programmer who's using Zope to
create a new version of our website. I need to create
about 3000 relatively static pages (the actual content
is static, at least for a few months, until the next
time I update the pages; the content is surrounded by
a header, a footer, and a sidebar which may change
depending upon news announcements). I'm new to Zope
and just want to create the pages and then get out of
the other programmer's way.

For our old site I wrote a Python script that creates
these 3000 pages and use SSIs to pull in a header and
footer. I can do the same thing for the new site by
using macros to pull in Zope page elements. However,
I'm a bit confused as to how to do this. My questions:

* In looking through our site using the Zope manage
interface, it seems as though every page is
represented by a Page Template. Is this true? Do I
need to create 3000 Page Templates?

* If the previous is true, how do I create Page
Templates programmatically? It seems XML-RPC can work
for me, but I can't find an API to create Templates.
Does one exist, or should I be using a different
method?

Thanks for any assistance,
GL