[Zope] Re : Zope on solaris for the beginner.

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:35:14 +0300

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 05:46:02PM +0100, oliver.erlewein@sqs.de wrote:
> Thanx for the information. Your system doesn't seems quite Solaris-normal.

   Why? Just a bit outdated. Old software, but nothing unusual.

> Have you tried any of the problems from the "threading and performance"

   No.

> thread? I'll give you the code:
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <dtml-var ZopeTime>
> <dtml-in "_.range(80)"><dtml-in "_.range(499)">X</dtml-in><br></dtml-in>
> <dtml-var ZopeTime>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

   I'll try it later.

> But beware that can take a while and should plugup your Solaris!!!! So don't
> try it on a production machiene!!!

   I have only one such computer, and it is not production server.

> While this code gets executed try getting a response from your management
> interface (or anything else on the site). The usual Solaris response is,
> that the second request will wait till the first is finished before getting
> executed (although processor usage is at about 30%).

   Hmm... we will see...

> Do you use Apache as frontend? Thanx for the help.

   Yes, Apache + mod_pcgi2.

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru