[Zope] Image's modified-date changes just by viewing?

Arian de Wit a.dewit@niwa.cri.nz
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:17:44 +1300

Hi All,

Either I am going completely insane or this is fairly obscure and I'm
just going blind...

I have some images in a folder, for which I use a "view" DTML method
to display them inside a framework, calling them thusly:

/folder/blah.gif/view

The view method uses dtml-in to produce a list of links to other
images in the same folder:

<dtml-in expr="objectValues(['Image'])"
sort="bobobase_modification_time()">

When I view an image using this method, the "Last Modified" date/time
of that image is updated as a side-effect (or what I think is a side-
effect).

Can someone set me straight on this please? I must be doing something
screwy, right?

Thanks a lot,

Arian
Arian de Wit
Information Systems Integration Manager
NIWA (National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research)
Gate 10 Silverdale Road, Box 11-115, Hamilton, New Zealand 2001
Phone (+64) 7-856 1769
Fax (+64) 7-856 0151
Web http://www.niwa.co.nz