[Zope] Server-side Java & Zope?

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 00:49:35 -0500

I hope that I am not beating a well-beaten horse, but a search on
Google didn't seem to tell me whether it's possible to use java
servelets to extend Zope sort of like python/perl externals can. So
is this do-able (even if it involves invoking the servelet
indirectly?)?

I would prefer to use python exclusively, but it would be useful to
be able to tell some IT manager simpletons that what I propose to do
with Zope will include "some java" since even they have heard of
java, while python draws a knowing blank (altho it's being used for
regression testing by the product development people in the same
company two floors down) and Zope doesn't even rate that.

<rant>
I spent 5 years as an IT manager and understand not wanting to make a
bad decision, but I also made it a point to know what the choices
were before the issue came up. It appears to me that the current
breed of featherbedders is composed of appallingly political
creatures who wouldn't know a router from a waffle iron. No wonder M$
has a monopoly.
</rant>

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design