[Zope] WYSIWYG HTML Editors and Zope?

Jason Earl jason.earl@simplot.com
08 Feb 2002 09:54:42 -0700

Alastair Burt <burt@dfki.de> writes:

> Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> writes:
>
> > PS: Anyone done a WebDAV thingy for EMACS yet?
>
> William Perry, who wrote the w3 browser, sent me some alpha code
> that makes Emacs talk WebDAV natively but I have not really tried it
> in anger yet.
>
> It should be fairly easy to get Emacs to use cadaver to read and
> write files. But what functionality would it bring you over ftp?
> Locking?
>
> Would it also give you access to an objects properties? I thought
> they have not been mapped to WebDAV properties. Am I correct?

Exactly.  I can already edit my Zope objects in place with Emacs.  I
miss out on locking, I suppose, but that hasn't been much of a problem
so far.

I especially like being able to edit Pythonscripts in python-mode,
ZSQL methods in sql-mode, DTML methods in dtml-mode, and Page
Templates in xml-mode.  Of course, I am not much of a "designer" so
maybe I am missing the boat with WYSIWYG editors.

Jason