[Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0: dtml-sendmail in standard_error_message on winnt 4

Nicolas Rodriguez nicolas_r@conflia.gba.gov.ar
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:38:50 -0300

At 09:27 a.m. 15/02/02, you wrote:

> >AFAIK Hans is doing all this testing on a Windows 98 machine, not his
> >production system, so it's reasonable that he'd experience differences
> >between his production setup and his test setup.
>
>It is a windows nt machine not a w98.
>
>More testing: Clean installations, only with a mailhost
>it is de <dtml-sendmail> in the standard_error_message that does it.
>Removing it from the standard_error_message
>makes the authentication popup show immediately.
>In 2.4.3 the <dtml-sendmail> is not causing a pauze in the authentication
>popup to show.
>
>I took a different machine, also a windows nt 4.0 machine.
>The same.
>
>Then i tested it on our production server (don't tell my boss).
>That is a windows 2000 machine.
>There the problem does not show up.
>
>Ah, could it be OS dependent?

I don't think so. I have the same problem on a Windows 2000. I have
installed Zope 2.4.4 and Zope 2.5. Both worked allright 'till I changed a
couple of services' configuration option and now they have the same problem.

>Another windows 2000 machine
>No problem
>
>A windows 95 machine.
>It took 8 seconds for the authentication popup to show, without the
>sendmail it popped up immediately.

Lucky you! my authentication popup takes about 25 seconds to show up!

>Why would a sendmail in an error_message cause the authentication popup to
>wait for 25 seconds to show up,?

I have the standard_error_message that comes with Zope. Didn't change it at
all.

>even in the case that there is a misconfiguration of ..things.. I don't see
>the connection
>Is it OS related? It seems to be.
>
>Suggestions for more tests?

Do you start/stop any service before the problem? Maybe it's the same cause.

Nico.-