[Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0: dtml-sendmail in standard_error_message on winnt 4

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:01:34 -0500

> I don't think so. I have the same problem on a Windows 2000. I have
> installed Zope 2.4.4 and Zope 2.5. Both worked allright 'till I changed
> a couple of services' configuration option and now they have the same
> problem.

What configuration options did you change?

> Lucky you! my authentication popup takes about 25 seconds to show up!

This also sounds like DNS.  Can your machine resovle its own hostname?
  (e.g. "nslookup frobnitz" where frobnitz is the windows machine name?)

> I have the standard_error_message that comes with Zope. Didn't change it
> at all.

Your problem seems related to Hans but it's probably a different cause.
  I'd suggest making sure:

- your machine can resolve its own hostname. (frobnitz -> 127.0.0.1)

- your machine can reverse-resolve its IP address. (63.102.41.55 ->
frobnitz.mydomain.com)

- your machine "points to itself' when it reverse-resolves its IP
address. (frobnitz.mydomain.com -> 63.102.41.55)

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com