[Zope] Zope 2.5.0 + Python 2.1.2 + LDAP

Thierry Florac thierry.florac@onf.fr
19 Feb 2002 15:42:26 +0100

  Hi !!

I'm currently using :
 - Zope-2.5.0,
 - Python-2.1.2
 - libldap2-2.0.23
 - python-ldap-1.9.999.cvs.20011231

All these packages are installed on a Debian system just upgraded from
'Stable' to 'Testing'.

I'm trying to use several LDAP user managers (LDAPUserFolder,...) or
LDAP query tools but as soon as I try to execute any query, I receive an
error message :

   "python:
/usr/local/src/libopenldap/openldap2-2.0.23/libraries/libldap/references.c:26: ldap_first_reference: Assertion `( ( ld )->ld_options.ldo_valid == 0x2 )' failed."

or

  "python:
/usr/local/src/libopenldap/openldap2-2.0.23/libraries/libldap/error.c:220: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `( ( ld )->ld_options.ldo_valid == 0x2 )' failed."

These errors make Zope restart every time, so these LDAP products are
unusable... ; these errors didn't exist with old releases of Zope
(2.3.3) and Python (1.5.2).

I've tried to execute a few LDAP queries from within Python interpreter,
and they seem to be OK so I think Python-ldap is correctly installed.

Any idea ??

  Thanks for any help,
  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net