[Zope] Re: Re: Please help newbie access her control manager/panel

J. Stuff junkystuph@hotmail.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:41:03 -0600

Hello again!

After reading the many informative and helpful messages regarding my
situation, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and decided to get some p2p help.
Today at work I asked my boss for help and he was glad to help me. Since
Zope is installed on windows NT there, he went through many settings and
areas with me, showing me things to try when I got home. Now that I'm home,
here's what has been happening:

By means of the Services panel, I found that Zope wasn't started on my home
machine. After I clicked 'Start' a progress bar filled then disappeared.
Then a pop-up window told me:
  "The Zope service WebSite on Local Computer started and then stopped.
  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for
  example, the Performance Logs and Alerts Service."
The only option the window gave was to click 'OK.' I clicked 'OK' and
changed the startup type to Manual. After clicking 'Start' the same thing
happened. I changed the startup type back to Automatic.

I then opened a command line and typed in the following:
   netstat -an
and found nothing on port 8080, 8021, or 8090. I think that's because Zope
wasn't started, but I'm no wiz at this.

Then I ran start.bat and let it sit for twenty minutes hoping some of the
advice about windows taking a long time to start Zope would prove pertinent
to my situation. It didn't change from my previous screenshot
(http://lunamanium.com/startbat.gif).

The questions I have now are:

a. Can I force Zope into doing some work so windowsXP doesn't stop it
automatically? If so, how?

b. Would changing the port Zope is supposed to run on help at all?

c. Would upgrading help? My boss told me about the page template feature and
it sounds very intriguing so I may upgrade anyway.

d. Is there hope for me and Zope?

Thank you all very much for your kindness and your assistance.

Jessica Robinson
junkystuph@hotmail.com