[Zope] FTP Problems

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:42:29 -0500

Can anybody tell me why:

1.   I get FTP error periodically from Dreamweaver 4,
      w/o anything being registered in the Z2.log (but
      it did connect earlier today w/o problems).

2.   Ncftp client on Linux times out when I connect to
      Zope. Z2.log file registers as follows:
          <some_ip>44024 ==> 220 hrdhhs34 FTP server (Medusa Async V1.18
[experimenta
          <some_ip>44024 <== USER thawes
          <some_ip>44024 ==> 331 Password required.
          <some_ip>44024 <== PASS <password>
          <some_ip>44024 ==> 230 Login successful.
          <some_ip>44024 <== PWD
          <some_ip>44024 ==> 257 "/" is the current directory.
          <some_ip>44024 <== FEAT
          <some_ip>44024 ==> 500 'FEAT': command not understood.
          <some_ip>44024 <== HELP SITE
      and there is nothing (session times out).

3.   I can telnet to Zope at the FTP port and issue ftp
      commands with no problem (indicating to me that
      there is NO problem w/ Zope, just with clients).

4.   I can edit documents just fine using Emacs 21 and ftp,
      except when I try to save, Emacs informs me that the
      "Macro key terminated by command sounding the bell".
      If I try to resave, it tells me that no changes had occurred
      and there is no need to save, but upon observation, the
      document had not been saved, and emacs informs me that
      the document has been changed on the server, am I sure
      I want to edit it?

I am about to rip my hair out over this!