[Zope] unbound method error with ZPT

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:57:28 +0100

>  > Everything used to work fine but now I get a weird error message in my
> METAL macros Page Template.
>  >
>  > <!-- Page Template Diagnostics
>  >  Compilation failed
>  >  exceptions.TypeError: unbound method must be called with class
> instance 1st argument
>  > -->
>  >
>  > No line number, so I started removing things until I came to an odd
> conclusion.
>  > That this does NOT work:
>  >
>  > <html metal:define-macro="standard">
>  > <br tal:replace="python:here.APythonScript()" />
>  > </html>
>  >
>  > BUT, this works:
>  > <html metal:define-macro="standard">
>  > <br tal:replace="here/APythonScript"/>
>  > </html>
>Fortunately, this is not a general problem!
>I use lots of "here.APythonScript()" that work perfectly.
>
>The code, you show us, should not affect compilation at all
>as the "tal:replace" attributes are not evaluated during
>compilation...

Interestingly, after restarting the server the problem went away.
I left work and turned off the computer with a troubled mind and the next
morning the error was gone!
I just left it at that. Obviously this was irrational and caused by some
bug somewhere (most likely caused by the complexity of my site in some
strange way).
Now it works and I have not seen it since. Unfortunatly I don't have time
enough on my project to look into it.

Thank you for your help, Peter